Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What to do with those baby pictures

Remember these?


Well I said I had a project for them, and oh do I! Let's go through it step by step. First up, get your photos. These can be pictures of anything, but personally chunky oh so adorable baby pictures were exactly what I wanted. I printed mine in 5x7. But I'm using a smaller scale project. You could always print them at 8x10. Don't go smaller than 5x7 though, because well. I said so, that's why. :)


Now, go get your white plates. I personally used salad plates. Or, at my work we refer to as liners. Again, use a bigger plate if that's what you want. This is very easy to change up, but bigger plate means bigger picture, don't forget that part! :)







Now, grab some scrap paper, a pencil and some shkizzers. I mean, scissors. Sorry, I get used to talking to a 2 & 4 year old. Trace the inside of the plate out, then cut the circle out. It's kind of important that you use your open house fliers. Something about the traceableness. Hey, it's a rule, I didn't make it up.






The next part you can be pretty flexible about. Take some glue, double sided tape, Mod Podge or sticky dots. I personally used sticky dots because, well I couldn't find anything else.







I used the golden number 3, it felt right.



Then take your circle stencil and use it to cut around your picture. I didn't take a photo of this one. I was working fast. I think you get the idea though, right? :)


So push all the crap on the counter away so you can take a good picture.





Then, boom! Stick that baby (har har) on! And ravish in the adorableness of the baby and the chicness of the white plates on the counter/carpet walls. Love every bit of this.



LOVE.IT.


Now where should I hang these?

DIY Day @ ASPTL



The DIY Show Off


23 comments:

Roeshel said...

Aw - what a sweet idea! I love plates for wall art. :)

Great job!

Roeshel

Cara@HomespunKitchen said...

How adorable is that??!! Love it

Blessings,
Cara

Enchantresses Three said...

DARLING!!! I must copy you!
Hugs,
Sariah

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Aww....so sweet. What a neat idea.

phillips phamily said...

What a great way to USE those baby pics!

Anne said...

Those look great - I love the black and white photos against the white plates! I need some new wall-art for my kitchen - I might try making some of these!

Alyssa said...

awesome idea! You've inspired me!

Unknown said...

That's a great idea! Thanks for the idea!
Nancy

Kimmy said...

Absolutely love this idea!! Those pictures are just precious and what a clever way to showcase them instead of just having a million frames around!!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

How creative! I bet the grandmas would LOVE this... thanks!

Junk Mammas said...

Very cute, love white plates and this idea for them is great!!

Unknown said...

You are right, those are adorable! Too bad the kids don't stay that cute and innocent! :)

Kimba said...

Awwww. Now that's just downright sweet. Love those babies.

Whitney said...

So simple, yet it turned out adorable. I may have to borrow this idea. TFS and love to cute babies.

Angie said...

Oh, I am soooo doing this! LOVE IT!!!

Its So Very Cheri said...

Can you touch base with me ASAP about being in the featured homes Friday. I had someone who had to back out due to a family member issue.

Cheri

Its So Very Cheri said...

Contact me by e-mail so I can talk with out it going into comments.

Cheri
cheri.peoples@live.com

Anonymous said...

This is such a cute idea. Very sweet!
Thanks for stopping by Happy Nester and leaving a comment.

Roeshel said...

Again - I have to tell you how much I LOVE this cute project! Thanks so much for adding your inspiration to the DIY Show & Tell party!

Roeshel

Crystal said...

This is such a sweet project. I will be trying this.
-Crystal

Kimmie said...

Tattoo on your wrist? Yeah, me too. Hubby's name. Yours?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carry Grace said...

This is such a cute idea!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin