Saturday, December 5, 2009

O', Christmas tree, O' Christmas tree..

This year I said, "Mr. P, I am NOT putting up our fat, million foot tall tree in our tiny little living room. I can't take it. I'll suffocate." And, it's true I will. So we went out and got a smaller one and I'm pleased to say it's quite pretty, and I am breathing just fine with it in the room.

Last year, with about an inch to move in the room.

2009
Ahhhhh.

Because so much of our lives stuff is packed away in boxes and our ornament box is quite hidden behind it all, I opted out of climbing in the attic and/or garage and/or basement, wherever they may be. I just got a few sleeves of ornaments at the dollar store. The same ones on my mantel actually.

They're a beautiful muted gold color. Not so brassy, gold. Just a "quiet" gold if you will. I added 900 or so lights and some cream colored burlap. Now all she needs is a star, maybe a few picture frames ala pottery barn? We shall see!


Linking up to Funky Junks Christmas tree Partayyy..











The Girl Creative

16 comments:

Jaimie said...

It looks so much better! It is way more proportionate to the room. I love the simple look too. Gorg!

Unknown said...

Very, very pretty! And yea, it works better than last years' tree.

Nancy

Paige said...

Very pretty!!

Amber Filkins said...

It's cute! We also opted for a smaller tree this year. I usually use a 9 ft fake tree. This year we have a 7ft real tree. Ahhh.

I did the picture frames, a la Pottery Barn! Now, I just need to put some pictures in them, so they're not empty frames, lol.

Lori E said...

My artificial tree (because I leave it up a month) is huge but I don't put the bottom back branches on it so I can push it back against the wall and no body can tell. The top is full all the way around because they are much smaller. I gain about 2 feet of space by doing this.
I really like the colors you have used. Very elegant.

Cassie said...

Your tree is very simple and elegant! I love it!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful simple tree..I'm with you, the smaller one does look better. Have a Happy Holiday.

Unknown said...

Love the burlap!! There are so many things you can do with that stuff....I'm definitely going with the burlap next year! Beautiful tree.

Alana Jo said...

I love the burlap!

-Alana Jo
Please take a moment to check out my photos as well.
Have a blessed day!
http://www.justniftythrifty.com/2009/12/christmas-tree-party.html

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Last year's tree was so pretty but I see what you mean...way too big. This year's is perfect. Love the colors.

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

beautiful!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Very pretty! I prefer a slimmer tree, myself, although my hubby likes a fuller one. We got a fake one last year and it is kind of in between. Can't beat those ornaments in the sleeve at the dollar store.

stephanie h said...

We downsized this yr too and I like it so much better!
Love your tree!

Unknown said...

smaller tree gives more room for presents!

Jerri at Simply Sweet Home said...

I like the simple look too. Funny, my mom also opted to buy new stuff this year rather than going up to the attic.

Hope to see you at the Holly Bloggy Christmas Bash this week. Our Christmas Tree event is tomorrow.

Lori said...

You have a beautiful tree! It looks as though it cost a fortune and it didn't! I love that idea!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin