Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Whats the world coming to?

I work at a breakfasty type of restaurant. You know kinda like a mom and pop place.. but anyways. This is our menu as stated....

1 country fresh egg, served with home fries, choice of ham, sausage or bacon, and choice of pancakes or toast with assorted jelly and butter.

Pretty self explanatory right? So I thought. Until someone drops the bomb, of all bomb requests.

"Can I skip the butter and jelly and get toast AND pancakes?"

No, no you may not.

Don't you realize that the jelly is ON the table and butter is on the bread? That .40 cents we pay for butter does not cover the cost of the side of two pancakes you'd like? But hey if you PROMISE you wont take any jelly from the caddy..... maybe.

One more just because it was a long day.

"I'll have 1egg over hard, with links, American fries crisp, and cakes"
...."and for you sir."
"I'll just have the same thing, except I want my egg scrambled, with ham and white toast.. skip the potatoes"

You are right, exactly the same.

0 comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin