Thursday, October 15, 2009

Rachelle 1, Table 0.

It was a tough fight, but I did come out victorious. Really I guess we both won, since the table doesn't have to be little boy blue anymore. Not that I have anything against that, but ya know.. House of girls here. ;)

Remember this beaut?

Right now it's on sale for 49.99 but it's regularly 59.99 and I got it at goodies for 29.99. Lovely. I knew right away it was getting a coat of paint. I went with the natural choice Heirloom white, I seriously don't think you can go wrong with that color! It's the best by far. Then I took a pretty little knob that was left over from our kitchen remodel and hello gorgeous! Well anyways enough deets, here's the goods.

Oooh!

Ahhh!

Wait.

No, that's not it either.

I love it! I realize that it's a bedside table but c'mon, when you're using a foot stool as a table-- anything is an upgrade! I think it looks much better now, perfect for our living room.

I should have gotten the other table that they had. Oh well-- live and learn! Did you see the other project that was from last year? I totally forgot about that little pretty!

So when do you think Mr. P will notice somethings different? He went all last weekend with the table in the basement in front of the laundry pile.. I mean, what laundry? Anyways he walked past it a million times and didn't notice. Men.

See you tomorrow with the other project!

Now go check out the other laides at The Shabby Nest for Frugal Friday!


DIY Day @ ASPTL



38 comments:

Chris said...

Ooh, I love it! It turned out so cute, and I love the Halloween touches!

Miss Mustard Seed said...

Very nice job. You're right. You can't go wrong with heirloom white.

Shannon said...

Love it! I love the framed bat as well, very appropriate this time of year.

Kathy said...

Maybe someday it WILL be beside a bed. You get to decide. Your home, your rules. Looks very very nice :)

Hope your Prince Charming is surprised! Mine would have noticed the laundry and the unfinsihed project and griped :)

Anonymous said...

Stopping over from The Shabby Nest. Great redo! I love using furniture in the "wrong" places. Bedside table? I think not! Looks fab!

Anonymous said...

Oh, love the way it turned out.

The Starr Family said...

Looks clean and you are spot on... that Heirloom white works miracles.

Almost Always said...

great little table...it turned out great!...love your little bat & pumpkin too!

Wendy said...

Love it! I love heirloom white...and what a fun little bat print! So halloween-y without being over the top!!

Pam said...

Great job on your table make-over! Heirloom white is fail proof. I see you're in MI. I grew up there and all my family is still there. Nice to meet you.

Wendy said...

Love the table white. We are a house full of girls too!

Tiffany said...

Oh, yes, heirloom white, the solid choice! It looks fantastic! Great job!

stephanie h said...

very cute!

Brittany said...

i love white furniture, this looks great!

Anonymous said...

Your table looks wonderful. Great job!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!!! My first time visiting your blog, and I'm now a follower!

Enjoy your day,
Zuzu

Delightful Dwelling said...

It looks great! I love the pumpkin too, so cute. Heirloom White paint is so wonderful, I used 4 cans of the stuff over the past weekend.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

This looks fabulous!!! You cannot go wrong with heirloom White! Impossible!

Love the pumpkin too!

Lou Cinda :)

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

Great job!

trish said...

What a darling little table! You did a great job! :o)

trish said...

What a darling little table. You did a great job. :o)

Anonymous said...

great job! gotta love that heirloom white!

Unknown said...

A very cute table that will probably fill a number of spaces in its lifetime. Looks good! :)

{northern cottage} said...

lovely, lovely, lovely!

Leanne said...

It looks great. I love it white and I love your halloween decor. Great job.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great makeover! :) I love that neat silver pumpkin too! Visiting from Kimba's party. :)

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

I see tons of familiar faces in the comments but this is my first time seeing yours! How have we missed each other in blogland? Great table but I have to say that I'm especially loving your pumpkin. Adorable! It totally compliments your table :). Come visit sometime.

Blessings,
Beth

Whitney said...

Amazing what a little Heirloom White will do for ya! It looks great.

Sarah @ Hennessey House said...

it turned out SUPER lovely in heirloom white :) i, too, am seemingly incapable of buying something and leaving it as is - especially if there's a chance to spray paint something, i'm gonna do it!

Ashlee said...

I just love furniture makeovers!!! You did an excellent job!

Kristi @ Addicted 2 Decorating said...

That looks great! I just used heirloom white on a project I finished up yesterday (and posted on my blog today). I love it. It's not too bright white, but doesn't look yellow. I agree with you...you can't go wrong with this color.

Shanty 2 Chic said...

This is great!! So much better... You have such a cute blog too:)!!
~Whitney

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Heirloom White scores again - looks great!

Jenn said...

SUPER cute makeover! I need to try this Heirloom White everyone keeps talking about!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

I have a few pieces I need to hit with the Heirloom White, too! Great job on that one. You turned something average into something beautiful!

Annikke said...

I love it! Looks gorgeous!

Liz said...

Looks great.Thanks for posting!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So cute. I love it!

XOXO
Jen

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin