Monday, June 14, 2010

Bathroom Redo

While I took a survey and everyone wanted the bedroom to be the next project on our list-- I started to get bored with it. As, a couple KEY pieces are missing and I just can't make myself show you the finished product with such items not in place. Crazy? Maybe.


But in the meantime I got my paintbrushes out and switched up the feeling in the bathroom a tad. It was previously green which was great, it's my favorite color after all :) But a bit dark for such a small space.

So to Sherwin Williams we went! I found the color upward which was used in the HGTV green home. It was a little too-- baby blue-- for my tastes, however Mr. P loved it (Or just didn't want to re paint) and I let him win this one battle.. Just once though, and because I was in a good mood. ;)


Then a fresh coat of white on the bead board, a new waffle weave shower curtain, and some bamboo blinds and we're done! Well.. sort of, I have a few art pieces I would love to hang up but I'm having a hard time finding the perfect frames.

Plus-- I can't decide on if I should make the shower curtain higher--That window is actually IN part of the shower, so the choices are limited for rod placement. Plus, the rod is one that is screwed into the wall. So if we move the rod, there will be holes. How do you patch that? I should google that. Hmm.. :)

I'm thinking a dark brown for the vanity and a matching mirror frame. Thoughts? Is it too baby blue? Too bad the previous owners went with the ivory/yellow tub instead of white. Grr.. Nothing matches, without looking like little baby nursery colors! :-D

Give it to me straight, ladies!

14 comments:

Decorchick! said...

It doesn't really look baby blue to me at all. Looks more gray. I like the color! I just used SW Rainwashed in our master that I posted about today...It looks totally different all day long but it's all good colors. And raising the shower curtain I think would look great. :) Your bathroom is so pretty, I love that beadboard!

JoLynn said...

Love it! It looks much brighter and fresher now. I think the shower curtain looks fine at that height, but if you raise it, that would probably look good too. My husband always patches holes in the wall with some kind of putty, but is it drilled into the actual shower unit?? Hmm...if so, I'd just leave it at that height.

I am hoping to redo our bathroom soon too. Where did you find your bamboo shade? I'm needing a couple for our windows, but am not sure if I'll be able to find the right size.

Look forward to seeing it all done!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I think I'd leave the shower curtain where it is if it involves a big patch job. Might just not be worth it in the end. But if you're up for it, by all means, take the plunge! :) I love the idea of adding hooks instead of a towel bar. Can't wait to see the room all done!

Jodie R. said...

I love it! You know, as for the non-white tub... there are companies out there that can apply a spray-on white surface to your tub. We had that done to ours last August, and it still looks great! It was about $250, but soooooo worth it :)

Unknown said...

Very clean and neat looking. Love the paint color. I think the stuff you are still going to do will finish it up nicely.

P.S. did you get my email? i am so THRILLED I WON that loot, best win EVER! here it is again, see I am excited!!!! jenglamgirl@gmail.com I will give you my mailing address once I hear from you. HAPPY DAY! jENN

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I "lurve" your paint color. :) If the shower curtain rod is screwed into your actual shower unit, I'd leave it. If it's in drywall (hard to see), I'd take it up a few inches. You'll have to tape and putty it, and it might take a day or two to do it right, but it would look nice. :)

I can't wait to see the final product!

Anonymous said...

I like that color, I agree it looks more like a blue-gray than baby blue to me.

For the shower curtain, if it were me I'd put the clear liner on that bar, and install another bar higher up and out a bit for the waffle weave fabric one you have. I know it'd be a little different but then you could hide the second bar and it wouldn't look like it's billowing out of nowhere ;)

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

I really love the color, it doesn't look too blue to me. And, I adore waffle weave shower curtains. Can't wait to see it.

As for the shower curtain height, I've constantly regretted not hanging my rod higher, but I'm too lazy to do it. So, it stays where it is. In the next house, it's going higher. All that to say, I think you should put it higher. For me. ;) And, you can just patch it similar to what you would do with nail holes. I think. I've never done it, but the husband has and it seems to work.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I just happened upon your blog and have been thinking lately about my own shower rod height. The easiest fix, if you ask me, is to leave the current rod with your shower liner, then hang a new tension rod up higher for your new, beautiful curtain. Also, make sure your curtain goes to the floor, you will never notice the tub color. Easy!

Brooke

Chris said...

Hello, gorgeous! It looks absolutely stunning! The colors are incredible. GOOD job!

Colette said...

what about making a valence to hang higher than the shower curtain? just a thought! Looks great!

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity, I love the color. It's very calming. Enjoy while it completes piece by piece... They say if you buy enough of the things you like, they all come together in the end. I agree!

Unknown said...

Your bathroom looks FABULOUS!

Stop by and see me - I have a surprise for you....

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin