Monday, June 28, 2010

Entry way switcheroo

Remember the entryway that received a complete overhaul? 

 


Well it got a little sprucing up for the arrival of summer, or apparently around these parts-- Tornado and storm season. Grr. Anyway I needed some brightness in my life. It started with this rug, which matched perfectly to this banner I made.


Then I couldn't be stopped. 

I swapped my home-made tacks (which I still love) for these huge tacks-- (Because we like things supersized around here) from Wal*mart for 3.00ish dollars. If anything under 20.00 is justifiable, then 3.00 is practically free. At least, that's what I tell my husband. ;)



If I have a new rug, I need a new accent pillow, right? Sure. So I scooped up the matching towel to my rug and voila! Some super cute and water resistant pillows!


What I  love the most about them is the girls can snatch them up on their way outside when they go play and need something soft to lay on. I wont worry about it getting wet and the color bleeding. Yup, genius I'd say.

My baskets got a tiny overhaul too. How? Easy, I just erased the tags and gave them the proper fillin' for summer.


We don't need hats and gloves so I opted for
1.)SPF
Quick and easy for when we're on the go. Love the last minute trips to our favorite great lake.
2.) Sun
Does anyone else ALWAYS lose their sunglasses? Is it just me?
3.) Beach
More or less because it looked cute, but just like the SPF it's nice to know where there's a towel--quick.



Love the little changes that help me soak up my summer.

23 comments:

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

Looks fabulous! Love the colors in your rug!

Unknown said...

I LOVE your blog! I have given you an award!
http://foodymommy.blogspot.com/2010/06/yay-another-blog-award.html

Unknown said...

Those are the perfect additions to make the entry look all summery. Very cute colors!

Nancy

Shaunna said...

Feels like summer for sure. :) shaunna

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cute!!! Love the new colors. :) I don't lose my sunglasses, but they get broken all the time. :s

Anonymous said...

oh that looks adorable!! What a cute entry way!!

mle said...

Wow! I would love to come home to that! Lookin' good : )

Karey Culp said...

I absolutely love it! What an awesome job!

KareyEllen
KareyEllenDesigns.blogspot.com

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Way to bring the sunshine in! I love the names you put on the tags. And the pillows - genuis!

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

Love the summer update! Might have to steal your pillow idea. :)

jen @ {decor junkie} said...

Love the summery look. And that is seriously genius to use a towel for the pillows. I love it. It's so fun to see how just little changes totally brighten a space up!

Paige said...

What a wonderful idea! This looks fabulous!

Megan Gunyan said...

So cute! It fits summer perfectly!

Moore Minutes said...

Oh, so fun and perfect! I wish I had a special space like this. Your is 100% my style. LOVE it.

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

I love your bright, summery colors! They are just so welcoming! I love it!

Kristi said...

I love your update for summer!! I want a VERY similiar set up for the new house mudroom! Nice place to hold STUFF! And soooo pretty! :)
Kristi

Richella Parham said...

I always LOVED the summer in Michigan! The spring, not so much. But the summer!! Wow! So beautiful. Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I love the little summery changes you made! So fun!

Emily @ Finding My Aloha said...

This is wonderful! I love it! Great job! I just finished a laundry room waincoting so I know the effort you put in to this.

Amanda said...

You did a phenomenal job, it's beautiful!

Missy said...

This turned out so great; I love everything about it!
Where did you get the darling chalkboard tags?

Sawdust Girl said...

It looks fantastic!

decorating diva {aka deanna} said...

great entry make-over and great summer spruce -up! very cute!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin