Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bedroom built-ins

We have these awesome built-ins in the girls bedroom that have been a blessing for adding a little more floor space in the room. Which is a must in a tiny room with two twin beds! They're pretty plain jane but I wanted to snazz them up a bit. Enter-- Vinyl lady Dawn. She seriously rocks my socks. I emailed her and told her what I wanted and in a few days it was on my doorstep and ready to go. 

Shhhwweet! 



I'm hoping that the words help with the girls reading, not to mention where things go! Everything else like shirts and dresses go in their closet, which is actually a good size considering the year the house was built. :)

I also plan to change out the pulls on them and put some pretty knobs on the two top drawers. I'm thinking these from Target. But, at 10.99 for two.. Eight drawers.. Whew. :) It may be a minute. But it'll sure be pretty!

8 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Looks great!! A nice, simple, pretty update. :) I would love to have some built-ins!!!

Nat said...

They look fantastic Rachelle!

Ange said...

Love the vinyl and the drawer pulls! I'm becoming a bit of a vinyl junkie, I keep finding places where I could use some.
Have you checked Hobby Lobby for drawer pulls? Sometimes they have some pretty cute ones and if they are half off you can get them for a great price!
I got some off e-bay a few years ago and love them!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

I love white built-ins. Labels on drawers are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I wish I had built ins! What a great idea with labeling the drawers!

Kathy said...

GEORGOUS!! You always take things the one step above what i would do. I have always labeled my littles' drawers. I write it on on paper and tape to the drawer. DUH! Vinyl is sooo much nicer.

LOVE those pulls!! I have beend reaming of little crystal balls for my daughter's dresser. My little boys dresser has rope as pulls right now;)

Unknown said...

Adorable! I love it!
-Marie

Kelli W said...

I love this! I want my hubby to something similar in my boys room. I never thought of putting a shelf for books at the top though! I'm bookmarking this to show my hubby:) Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin