Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas tablescapes

Yes, this is a semi-old post but it's Christmas themed and pretty awesome..  Rhoda is having a vignette party and well, I can't miss a party. So this is whatchya gettin'. :) 

So during my "I didn't win the contest pity-party" the other night, I decided to knock it off, chin up and keep myself busy instead of being miss gloomy pants who isn't getting a new basement. Boo..

But, Thank YOU! ladies who voted and sent me such nice emails and comments. You, my friends rock.
Right, table scapes.. So I started on these centerpieces and if you were with me on facebook that night, I just started posting them with my phone. :) I figured I could take some blog-quality photos and go ahead and show ya'll (Oh yes, yes I did just go there.)

Everything that I used was something I already had. There was no buying of anything new since it was a spur of the moment anger project. ;) Kidding. Kind of. Oh! And, I'm well aware that the chargers are coming off the table. If I were really going to set the stage I'd add the leaf to the table but can I tell you a secret? I'm super lazy and it was about three feet to far away from me to go grab it and snap it on. :)



The runners? My scarves. Yup, and why not? They're pretty and the brown one is way too long to wear.



The blue and white stripped one I was actually wearing before I put it together. :) I needed something to go with the theme, and stripes do it for me.

Can you guess what this one was? 



12 Days of Christmas! It's actually my favorite even though it doesn't make much sense to anyone unless I explain it.
Pear tree? 
Bird? 
Maids a'Milking? Ball Jars scream milk to me, no? 
Well kind of. 
Five Gold rings? Well I don't have that but I do have 5 gold ornaments. :) 

Anyways, it's kind of crazy, kind of cute and I like it.  

This one didn't exactly fit the bill, too many of the same colors going on. I don't know what I was doing here, but you can see it anyway. I really wanted to use the vintage milk carrier but wouldn't you know nothing fits in it. Of course.


So these are just a little bit o' fun, and I figured they might inspire someone to decorate for Christmas even if it is a week before Thanksgiving. You have my stamp of approval. ;)




32 comments:

Brittanie Gordon said...

I totally get the 12 days of Christmas one! The red and blue is my fave though! Great job!

Unknown said...

Funny thing- the very bottom is my total fav. I love how clean it looks and white. Its so fresh and pretty, love it!

Rhiannon said...

i really like the blue and red combo! nice!

Moe said...

I love the first one, yellow for Christmas is great! I also like the red & blue tablescape.

I have one question: Is that a knitted table runner?? It is so cute!

Unknown said...

These are all fantastic. You have some cool stuff on hand!
Love the first one best I think :)
Sorry you didn't win the basement reno. I voted. :(

April said...

I love the first one!!!!

Unknown said...

I love, love, love the mini chalkboard/burlap place cards! And of course everything else is festive and cute. Thanks for sharing!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

They are all great miss Creative Pants. I love the last one too!!

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

These are so pretty. I love the idea of using scarves. So clever. I hope you'll consider linking up to my Dare to DIY party on Sunday night. It's a linky for table settings. =)

House Of Aqua said...

Love all of them, very bright and refreshing to look at. I loved the tablescape with the blue and white scarf.

Carla said...

Very creative. I thought the first one was perfect, but then I saw the blue and red colors mixed together.... adorable.

Anonymous said...

I love them all. I am glad someone else is thinking Christmas. Some of my decorations may have appeared already.

Anonymous said...

All wonderful tables! Love the scarf idea and will keep that in mind.

Kelli said...

They are all great but I do have to say that I think the first one is my favorite!

xoxo
Kelli @
loveoursimplelife.blogspot.com

Barbara said...

You have me smiling here this morning. I am a bit stressed out so thank you! I need this. Love your tables. I am not sure I could pick a favorite but it might be that last one with the muted colors. Love your 12 days of Christmas too. I got it before I saw your note but I can see if I did something similiar how I would be explaining over and over to people what it meant. Love that you are using that scarf on the table like that. Wish I had prettier scarves!

Denise said...

You've shown some wonderful tables. Very sharp. Clean lines with a lot of style. I'll be back for sure.

Heidi said...

These are all great. Anytime I can use my chalkboard paint I'm a happy girl! Hugs, Heidi
(PS Giveaway on my blog...)

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

How pretty -- thanks for sharing your Christmas inspirations.

Life in Rehab said...

I looooooove the aqua one! That would so go with all the things I've made this week for Christmas. The all white tablescape is gorgeous too.

Getting mad seems to work for you ;)

Marlis said...

wonderful ideas for centerpieces. thanks for sharing with us.. I love the 12 days... great fun.

Entertaining Women said...

My husband is a hunter, and he always wants a Christmas decoration that he calls, "a cartridge in a bare tree."...LOL. Looks like you not only found a way to get in a bit of therapy while trying to cancel the pity party...you came up with some great ideas. The taupe knitted scarf with the creamware is lovely...all of them are great looking vignettes. Thank you for sharing your charming designs. Cherry Kay

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

I love it all, all, all! But, if I had to pic a favorite, maybe the blue jars, no wait, maybe the countdown calendar, no wait...see I can't decide.

Thanks for sharing. Hoppin' over from Southern Hospitality.

Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

Southern Fried Gal said...

I somehow missed this the first time around. So glad you shared again! Love all your ideas - especially the 12 days of Christmas!

- Brittany aka Pretty Handy Girl said...

LOL! Oh no, just re-read your post and realized that the 12 wasn't a countdown calendar. But, that would be cute too!

Brittany
http://www.prettyhandygirl.com

LYNDA QUINTERO-DAVIDS said...

The last one is my fave! Simple & Fresh in white!

:D Lynda

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

The 12 days of Christmas is such a fun vignette. What a wonderful idea. Love it!

Christine said...

love it! the scarves are a great idea.

Diapers and Divas said...

The 12 Days of Christmas and the all white schemes are my favorites! So cute and creative and simple!

Heather said...

Your 12 days of Christmas vignette is very clever!!

junkgarden said...

Great ideas! I love the 12 days of Christmas one.
Angie

Michael Wurm Jr said...

go, you!! love all the themes. beautiful and sooo festive!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, may all your wishes come true!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin