Monday, November 15, 2010

Handmade Christmas

Hey fraaannnds, is anyone else freakishly in the mood for Christmas? It's like I'm dying to decorate, listen to Christmas tunes, and watch some fun movies. Can't help myself! Tis' almost the season! Chris is having her annual Handmade Holiday party and I wanted to join in, but--I've yet to make anything, and whatever I make will be a gift for someone and since I think my whole family reads this blog-- I don't want to spoil the secret. :) So these are from last year but trust me, they're oldies but goodies!




They're also super cheap and easy, the kids can help too!

First things first.. The rootbeer reindeer! Some googly eyes and pipe cleaners, absolutely easiest project ever and they're soo freaking cute. Teachers, grandparents, babysitters think of everyone who would like a little treat! 



Then, I got these from Bakerella but she made them as Cowgirl cookies and used pink m&m's I just altered them for Christmas. I added a little sticker on the top for the directions for the wet ingredients and bam! We whipped out a bunch of these on Christmas eve, yeah I was a late planner last year. Maybe that's why this year I'm so ready to start...now..yesterday..last week! ;)



Then last I used some clear ornaments, fake snow, garland clippings and vinyl to make some ornaments for the fam fam. Love them. 


So, unfortunately I don't have tutorials for any of these but I think they're self explanatory enough that you'd get it. When I posted about them last year I didn't think about showing people how to make them. Ugh, why don't I think of these things ahead of time. ;)




17 comments:

Lisa@Pickles and Cheese said...

Cute!! I love those root beer bottles! Very clever. And thanks for posting!

Michie said...

I love the reindeer rootbeer. I think I'm going to have to try those for my husband. :)

steufel said...

the little reindeers are adobrable!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

LOVE the Root Beer Reindeer! Think I'm going to have to make those for my son's preschool teachers!!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

I'm getting into the Christmas spirit too but I have to get through Thanksgiving first. I love all of your ideas!!! The rootbeer reindeer are too cute!

Michelle said...

Thank you!!! I LOVE these ideas! So cute!

BrittainiJay said...

Rachelle, I have to have the reciepe for the cookies in a jar.. I just must! I LOVE the idea. :)

DesignsbyElenaMarie said...

I really like the clear ornaments. Lots of different items can go in those (provided they are light).

Susan @ Oh My! Creative said...

Love the root beer Bottles - so clever!

Susan,
http://entertainexchange.blogspot.com/
Party and Entertaining Inspiration

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~Such adorable Christmas ideas!!Im a bit too excited about the season too!!! Hugs, Rachel~*~*

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

You are ready - I'm loving the root beer!

Anonymous said...

What fun ideas! Love them all!

Pauline said...

I have to say, my favorite was the Christmas ornament. How did you do the Vinyl-do you have a cricut? If so, what carterage/program did you use? I want to make them and LOVE the letters!!!
Would you mind emailing me with the info?
Thank you SO much.
Pauline at tinkertoys dot net

Chris said...

You're right. You just can't go wrong with these ideas! Thank you for going into your creative archives in order to share with readers!

Kristin @ Yellow Bliss Road said...

I just had to tell you that I made the root beer reindeer and they are sooo cute!! Thanks for the idea!!

http://adventuresofabettycrockerwannabe.blogspot.com/2010/11/handmade-gift-idea.html

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

LOVE these ideas! I put the ones we made on my blog today with a link to your post. Thanks!!!
http://lifeofamodernmom.blogspot.com/2010/11/reindeer-rootbeer-beer.html

Anonymous said...

Thanks for idea, I have made some alternative:)
http://dotolearn.wordpress.com/2012/01/07/special-christmas-gifts-beer-and-wine/

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin