Monday, November 8, 2010

Key holder

When I read this post, forever ago I knew I wanted to take a try at this project. I love Karla's taste, her whole house is absolutely gorgeous and the key holder was no exception.

Add caption



I knew I wanted this to be as free as I could make it, so I used a bigger piece of scrap wood since it's the only one I could find. The scrabble letters were donated from my Mother in Law and the hooks were ones we had for the bathroom that someone never got to hanging up. ;) I tried out the blue first and it just wasn't working in our plain jane neutral entryway. So over it in black I went, it's nice that I can see a little of the blue peeking through, from all the sanding and beating it got. I love me some old-looking-projects, if it gets messed up no one will know.




I used some picture hanging hooks for the back and screwed in the front hooks, the screws were a tad long so to make sure they didn't scratch up the wall I dabbed a bit of glue on the back. Glue the letters on and it's done! So simple.



If you want to see in more detail how it was made or how to make the stripes super crisp, go check out Karla's post about it, she's the genius in it all. :)

Glad we have a place for the keys now, and I can try and avoid the "Crap, where'd you put the keys?" moments before school everyday.

Do you have a key holder? A special spot for them? Play the find-them-game daily?



Join  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend     wrap    up           party!

14 comments:

April said...

I love the scrabble tiles!!!! This is such a great idea!!!

Cassie {Hi Sugarplum} said...

really cute... I love the stripes!

Holly @ Roller Coaster Life said...

so cute! something so easy is just so amazing! i love it

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

This is so cute and clever!!! You always have the best projects!

Unknown said...

Oh this is WONDERFUL! We have this problem too and all the goods to whip this up, thanks for the awesome idea!!

Erin @ Two Story Cottage said...

OH that has been in my mental "to do " project file for ages. Love Karla's blog! I really like your take on it. The colors are great! :)

Kimmy said...

What a cute idea! Love it!

Jennifer said...

Well, I really like your take on it. The colors are great! :)

Robin Johnson said...

Your key hooks turned out sooooo cute. Love it.

kate said...

love it!

Erin @ The Little Apartment said...

Very cute! I'm visiting from Tatertots & Jello (:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Visiting from Tatertots & Jello. Thanks for sharing.

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

I have Karla's tutorial bookmarked, too.

I love it!

Yours turned out really cute. :)

AllieMakes! said...

I love this! It turnoed out super Fabulous! You should come link this up to my weekly Thursday Making It With Allie Link Party! I think it would make a Fabulous addition!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin