Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas gifts pt. 2

When I saw this post, over at the lovely Shanty2Chic blog, I knew...Knew they had to be mine given as gifts. So I made a batch. Just like an assembly line, and now I'm on my second. They look pretty all stacked up and ready to be wrapped.


I love them, I think they're absolutely fantastic, rustic, girly, gorgeous. 

 
I added a little bit o' glitter for some pizazz. And, the shanty girls are pros at glazing.. Me not so much. I used distressing ink and it worked just fine.


The whole project cost 22.00 and that made 10 gifts. So these are extreemly cheap to make and they have a big bang, don't they? I switched it up a little bit from the shanty girls however and bought a 1x8x8 which made 10 frames all at 11inches each, and one leftover that was around 10 inches (I'm keeping that one for myself! Lowes also cut it for me for free, bonus!) So these bad boys are big. The fabric flowers I had, they used linen for some of theirs which I was all out of so I went with the jute. I still think it's pretty. :)




Now, if you're in my family and just ignored my facebook status telling you to stay away from this post you're just gonna get coal. I warned you.


16 comments:

Jessie Saxton said...

Those are absolutely adorable!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

EEK!!! Squealing!!! I loooove those, Rachelle. Such pretty distressed edges. The picture is great too. :)

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Holy cow, cute! I need to get myself on your Christmas list.

Allison {A Glimpse Inside} said...

These are awesome! LOVE THEM!! Thanks for sharing! I am totally gonna have to make some!

Liz said...

LOVE IT! I'm making some. And I love how you distressed it.

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

*wish I was!* These are adorable!!!

Faith said...

those are brilliant! i love them! great gift!

Unknown said...

Looove the way these turned out! This is a great idea... that I may need to try sometime, too. Thanks for sharing.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are on my to-do list as well ... they're so cute. Yours turned out great!

Jami Nato said...

oh my word, this craft is delicious.

and BTdubs, wish we lived in the same area so we could be in-real-life friends.

Katrine said...

So darling!

Michaela said...

That's just adorable!

Shanty 2 Chic said...

THey turned out soooo cute!! Thanks for the shout out!! :-)
Whitney

Meagan At Fairly Fabulous said...

AMAZING project. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Those are awesome! Great job on those! I finally made one of their Apothacary Jars as a gift and would you believe I forgot to take a pic of it before I gave it??? Boo. lol Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas. :)

Brandi said...

Wow what a neat project! Your frames are beautiful! I bet your family loved them! I definitely have to make these real soon. Hopefully i'll have the will power to give them away and not keep them for myself!!! Wishing you the best in 2011.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin