Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The little Christmas tree that could.

It's that time. The time to show off the tree! There were many a time this year I wanted to scrap the whole thing and start over. But, I didn't and I'm happy.. I think it ended up very pretty, and is just the right amount of neutral like my style as of late and glitz and glamor which is how I like to think of the holidays. Like a big bubbly glass of champagne.. If I drank champagne that is. No thanks, I'll take a Dr. Pepper. :) Oh, no.. Go ahead, put it in the champange flute, I'm klassy.


Remember way back when and I did the 12 days of Christmas centerpiece


Yes, okay. Well I played with that and threw it on my tree. I like it to be cohesive in the house. Kinda crazy like that. So here goes.. I used some of the chalkboard tags like in the table scape but with different Christmas words. Love the little touch of whimsy. Then, I used one of the thrift store books (from my Mantel) and cut out some circles and used glue and glitter to number them 1-12.


Simple, the right color and under a 1.00. Can't beat that. Then, because books have been in my decor oh so much this year and I thought it'd be fun to have it match with the book wreath that I adore so much...


Bwahaha I came up with the awesome idea to make a book page garland! Ask my husband if he thinks it was an awesome idea.
Doubt it. 

Poor guy was on crinkle task. I cut each page to about 1 inch thick and he crinkled them acordian style.

Over and over as I glued the ends together. A little bit of spray glitter and we were golden! I used the burlap fabric on it again this year because it softens up all the paper on the tree I think. Yes? Good.


Santa's key is tucked in there too for good measure until we have to put it out on Christmas eve. Need a Santa key? There's still some left!


Okay, pushing forward, then I used some 99 cent letters that I originally bought last year to use for our stockings, and I still might but my gigantic garland is in the way. Whoops, I covered them in some Martha glitter and stuck them in the tree too. Love it.


It would be super cute with some fur fabric underneath but guess what, a sheet does just fine. :)
 Oh, look who's snuggled up all cozy in the pillows. 


Thanks so much for stopping by! And oohing and ahhing with me at my little tree that could. :)

36 comments:

Lyndee @ A Recovering Craft Hoarder said...

Gorgeous!

Lisa said...

Super pretty! You are so creative. AND lucky by the way! My husband would never let me decorate this way for the holidays. He equates Christmas with red and green so... that is what we have. Sigh... :)

Beth said...

I love it! And I love the doggie peeking behind the pillow :).

Michaela said...

Really beautiful, Rachelle (: Love your tree and that wreath is great, too!

Lani @ Diapers and Divas said...

Love your tree....and CRAZY LOVE that wreath!!! Ah...mazing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Very very pretty. Love all the white.

Lindy said...

Love your tree with all your creative ideas!

Decorchick! said...

This is gorgeous!! Love that wreath too. :)

Sawdust Girl said...

Beautiful. I love decorating a beautiful tree but we've gone with a more kid friendly tree lately with plush, wood and tin ornaments. I don't know why because our only child is 11 and can handle more fragile fare. Habit I guess. I love your white and silver theme.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

It's so shimmery and bright. I love it!!! All the little paper accents are so cute. :)

Tracy's Trinkets and Treasures said...

Soooo pretty!

Karyn said...

Such a pretty tree. I love all the ornaments you made. I wish I had the patience. And I LOVE the holly on your book wreath. I'm stealing that idea! Your doggie is precious!

junkgarden said...

So pretty!! And that little cutie peeking out between those pillows is adorable!
Angie

Unknown said...

love your tree!

Skooks said...

Lovely! I've been wanting to dig up some old books to make one of those wreaths too. :)

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Very pretty! I really like the crinkle garland! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I like it all! The centerpiece, the tree, the book wreath (and the dog!). :-) So fresh and pretty.

Naturally Me Creations said...

I think the book page garland is lovely! :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

I love all the white and silver. Beautiful!!

Jami Nato said...

i did everything in book paper this year too! (it's all on my blog if you want to check it out)although my garland looks a little easier than yours. LOL. your poor hubby. hilarious...but what a good man!

Richella Parham said...

Your tree looks really pretty!! But the very best part of the room is the cute little snuggler in the pillows. :)

ClassyGal said...

Just beautiful!

Get Nestled In said...

So very beautiful! Awesome wreath too!

Lamp Tramp said...

I love your tree and all your classic white!

M.O.T.B said...

I think the garland was a fabulous idea! I love the classic look as well. We do silver and gold in our living room and it is perfect for me;)

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Rachelle, it is lovely!!! I really like the book page garland idea. :) Very cool! And how nice of your hubs to help. ;)

Brooke @ Finding Home said...

Looks great! I love the natural look of the tree and the different garland's!

twinkietotmom said...

I love the wreath!

Ginger@cottageonrosewood said...

Gorgeous and it looks perfect in your room. Great job.

Chris said...

I just love it! It's so fresh and pretty. Good job! That dog behind the pillow--adorable!

Unknown said...

Very pretty! Your home is lovely and I love all the white. That would NEVER fly around here though... ;-)

Ami Allison said...

Everything is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! I love that wreath. I think it's my most favorite book page wreath I have seen!! PLEASE PLEASE tell me there is or will be a tutorial for that. I MUST HIJACK THAT ONE!!

How Sweet It Is-A lifestyle blog said...

Wow Love that wreath! How did you make it?

I love the little guy hiding behind the pillow :)

Merry Christmas
Patty
nuestrasaventurasentexas.com

Veronika said...

Love your tree!

Michael Wurm Jr said...

awww, love your tree!! the white and silver. beautiful! looks great in your space too!

The Yellow Cape Cod said...

Beautiful Rachelle! Your pics are awesome. I love your tree, actually, the whole room is gorgeous. Very romantic.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin