Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Dining room light switcheroo.

Once we slowly started to phase out the yellow in the dining room kitchen area I had one problem.

The yellow lighting.



Ick, it just ruined everything. It gave the new paint a definite yellow hue and it just wasn't us. I've been a big fan of seeded glass for a long time now. It's vintage and beachy and glamorous and isn't thick so it will let off the best amount of light possible. Which is something I want. I love me some light.




They're actually for fans but who's paying attention anyways right? All I know is they're 5.00 a piece and lovely. Look I finally, after YEARS fixed that light. I liked it lower, but to be honest my child likes to stand on the chairs and swing it, so it had to go up. Maybe one day we can lower it a tad but for now it works for our family and that's what really matters in design okay? Okay.



It also casts off the prettiest glow at night. And, I pinky swear I'm going to just make the first cut in those curtains and put them up this week. It's just hard, it's a lot of fabric and I go back and forth on it. :) But.. for now, I'm sure. So...I'm gonna do it ya'll. I'm gonna do it.

And it will be fabulous. Just like my pretty light.


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh I love those!!!! I have been looking for some for my ceiling fan! Where did you find them!?

*if you get these comment 3 times sorry blogger is being not friendly to me!!*

Unknown said...

oh my gosh! that's amazing! I need to know where you found those!

Angie Holden said...

Love those!! So you have your chain uncovered. What is your stance on covering the chain with something? And yes a kitchen light fix is in my future! :)

courtney said...

what an improvement. love the bubble glass

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

I really like your switch out! What a great way to freshen up a fixture! Great job clever girl!

Jami Nato said...

gooooood idea.

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I have a light just like this - fantastic idea!

Heather- Extra Frosting Please said...

I {LOVE} it! I have those same yellow-ish glass shades over my dining table onlt they hang in the opposite direction. I tried cute seeded glass shades on it, but they didn't fit right! Bummer.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I like it! Much better in the new look. :) I also really like that you do things that fit with your family!!

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

ooooh so pretty! Love that bubbly glass!

Megan // Honey We're Home said...

So pretty!! Isn't it great how big a small change can be?!

The Yellow Cape Cod said...

Wow, what a huge small change that was! Love it, it looks beautiful.

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

lovely!! amazing what a little fix can do! great job.

BeingBrook said...

Love! Amazing difference for such a small change!

Rachel @ Finding Joy said...

I love the difference those globes make -- simply lovely!

Leah said...

Anyone know where to get these? Lowes? Home Depot? I love the idea and would love to copy (with credit). :)

Rachelle said...

They have them both at Lowes and HD for under 6.00 :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin