Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Summer Mantel.

Because I love a good forewarning, there's some major storm clouds outside so my pictures are DARK dark. Sorry ahead of time, I promise I don't really live in a dark dungeon.. Maybe the sun will come out..tomorrow..tomorrow. ;)

While browsing my latest obsession I came across this photo.



{swoon}

Tis gorgeous isn't it? 
It just reminds me of that hot sticky summer where you can smell the salt in the air and you complain about how hot it is but in the winter this is what you crave Yup, that summer.

It's my favorite kind. 

So I wanted my summer mantel to somewhat show that. The tall grass, perfect blue, sand and drift wood. And what do you do at the beach? Read. At least I do, so it felt right to throw some books in the mix. Do what feels right people! :)



See that awesome frame there? Yep, made it about 15 minutes before I wrote this post. Tomorrow I'll share the easiest tutorial EVER on it. 



I shopped the house for all the items here except the faux grass which I picked up at Hob Lob for 2.50 a stem (50% off, woohoo!)





The Lettered Cottage

10 comments:

Tanya said...

Looks wonderful! I need to kick it in to gear and get a Summer Mantel up :) Guess I've just been waiting for Memorial day to pass. Have a wonderful weekend!

www.thewhitefarmhouse2.blogspot.com said...

Awesome job on the mantel! I really like it. You sure did convey all that you wanted on it. Can't wait for your frame tutorial.

Anonymous said...

Looks great! I love the beach theme. :)

Kathy@DandelionsandDustBunnies said...

Love the rope ball. Super cute. Now if we can just get some beachy weather to go with that mantel that would be great.

Unknown said...

Looks beautiful. I love that you showed us the photo that gave you inspiration - it's beautiful too!

Anonymous said...

So freaking adorable...come decorate mine now!

Amy Kinser said...

I think it looks just great! Love your frame you made and the whole beachy theme.

So nice to visit with you.

Kim @ Starshine Chic said...

I feel so much cooler & relaxed looking at your mantel.

Mindy @ Heart Maine Home said...

So serene and peaceful, I love it! I love the blue jars and the twine-wrapped candles. I just finished my ocean-inspired summer "mantle" too, and it makes me feel so calm.

Completely Coastal said...

This is so soothing and captures the beach ambiance perfectly. Love it.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin