Sunday, March 18, 2012

Kitchen Progress

So you know our kitchen is seriously a never ending project.. But I thought it'd be fun to take a walk down memory lane and join in on Thrifty's party "Show us your Kitchens"

Mind you.. It still needs a few more details.. and it rarely stays clean. But it's so much better than the kitchen we had when we moved in. This little hub of the home as sure come a long way in the last 5 or so years.

Enjoy!

Old. Orange. 6 Cabinets.. TOTAL. 

Getting there. ;) 

Just recently.. We added the bun feet for a little fun. 


And, some beadboard backsplash.


Then! This weekend we threw some corbels up there. 


My camera is acting kind of funky since the cat knocked it over so excuse the super bright picture there. It is what it is. New camera.. Of course that means knock it on the floor. Of course.

I'd love to get a real rug in the place. Add some crown. Get rid of the counter top microwave and some more little details that don't exactly drive me nuts to do anything about it right now.. But eventually. ;) 

Thanks for dropping by! 

11 comments:

Shannon Fox said...

I love a white kitchen. It sure looks pretty, fresh and clean. Yum! The little details sure make it special =)

Sorry about the camera :( Bummer!

EvA. . . said...

Very cute! Love the white and open space. The bun feet look really cute:)

Chrissy + Nate said...

What a transformation! We have been looking to add corbels under our cabinets too! Looks great!

www.everydaywiththejays.blogspot.com

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Your kitchen looks amazing. I love it. The addition of the fee and the corbels are fantastic. Hugs, Marty

Georgette said...

wow alot of love is goin in this kitchen and it shows! great job:)

Momma Rhyne said...

Looks great. Love all the details. What where did you get your laminate? We will be doing laminate and I love yours!!

Sarah @ Cozy.Cottage.Cute. said...

The corbels look great. Just a little bit of charm can make such a difference. All of your changes will add up at the end. :)

Jessi said...

Are you sure that's the same kitchen? ;) It looks fabulous. Love the little details like the bun feet and corbels.

Mary Bergfeld said...

It looks wonderfully functional and it really is attractive.I'll wager some great food gets made here. This is my first visit to your blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. You've created an interesting place to visit and I really enjoyed the time I spent here. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Mama Up! said...

We eventually just ditched our micro entirely. I realized I don't like food reheated that way - it's mushy! - and the only things we were using it for was to melt chocolate or butter. Both of which can be done on a stovetop. We also have a wee tiny kitchen so I know how important counter space can be!

Steam Showers said...

I tossed the wave and upper cabinets and did the whole stainless steel range hood thing. It looks 1000 times better.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin