Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Jewelry box makeover

So I had this old jewelry box I got when I was itty bitty on vacation. Probably..20 years old. Whew.



Look at that gem! She looks like she knows something bad is going to happen to her.. It wont hurt.. Just a little paint. Bwa..ha..ha.

Yeah, not so much my taste anymore but it really was a great box. I mean, as great as a box can be. I especially like that it still had what looks like chalk in it from forever ago. Weird things like that make me kind of giddy. Memories. Love them.

Anyway, I really needed something for my side of the bed to hide my hair ties and jewelry I take off right before bed. I seem to have a cat that likes to eat such things.




So, a splash of gold spray paint I already had and ta-da.


Even better my favorite gift to myself sits nicely on it. Look at that curly tail. Love. It. Ceramic animal perfection. You think Sherry would approve?



I do.


That's my story. The quickest, easiest way to change up a jewelry box without spending any money. And, a cute pig. Because that's what really matters.

I know you'll ask. Flying pig..$7.00..Michaels. Who would have thought?



Don't forget to enter the Second Annual Birthday Week Giveaways!

6 comments:

TwoThirtyFiveDesigns said...

Love this, and totally digging the pig ;)
WHen you mentioned the chalk, made me think of a desk I had when I was little (and still do), I stored so many crayons in that sucker and to this day, some are still in there and the smell is definitely hanging around!

Unknown said...

So cute! The pig reminds me of running the Flying Pig marathon in Cincinnati last year!

Sherry @ Young House Love said...

Hahahahha, I love it!

Best jewelleryBox said...

Really different thought.Love it...
It is Rare to see such type of jewellery box

modern bedroom said...

Hey
A clear informative post, thanks! I have enjoyed this contribution, Thank you again for writing

Heather{Our Life In a Click} said...

very cute~ I'm sure she would approve, oh I see she does! :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin