Sunday, July 12, 2009

Price my Space!

I'm joining the party guys!


I've been talking about my living room for quite some time now, and patiently waiting for the day I could give a reveal. I'm still waiting for the perfect tables since I sold mine on Craigslist- But, I couldn't wait any longer.. Plus, it's clean today ;) Perfect.
Coming in from the kitchen, welcome.

First things first

1.) Paint color. Cliveden Grey Morning. I.Love.It. My dad originally used it in his bathroom and it seemed like the most beautiful green color I've seen in my life. My husband argued with me that it was grey. Agree to disagree my friend. It's a perfect mix of both. You'll notice that in the pictures it always looks different. But, I know one thing, in person- it's perfect.
If we move I'm using this all over my house.
I got it at Lowes, on sale I believe, probably around 20.00 for the whole room.


2.) The lovely curtains, you guessed it- painters drop cloths. I absolutely adore them. They come in 6x9 So I bought two for the room, cut them in half and used one per window. 9.99 for each window. Plus the sheers which were a cool 5.00/piece at Walmart. The go perfectly on my clearance rods from HOB LOB 10.00/rod.
3.) The carpet. When we first moved in there was ugly non reparable hardwood floors in the house. And, hate me now, but I love me some carpet in the living room. My kids can roll around in it and I don't see the dust bunnies everywhere. Yes, they're probably living in my carpet but I can't see them. Totally worth it.
We spent 1500.00 on the whole house, so about 250.00 for this room.
4.) The couch. Another sale item we chose out of the blue. It's that funky micro suede crap material that I can't come to love. We picked it with our first couch and I hated it, why didn't I learn? Any spills turn into a hard dark spot. Sucks with two kids. Oh well, live and learn (twice)
The couch and the matching chair (ew) were 800.00
5.) Itty bitty painting in the corner there, it's a rose that I made in high school. I can't seem to get rid of it, or find a good place for it. For now, it sits in the lonely corner.
Free art, can't beat that.


6.) The lamps I had to sneak in the house while my husband was away at work. Still love them. I got them at Walmart for something ridiculously cheap like 29.95 for the base and maybe 15.00 for the shade? I don't know, maybe it's not so cheap but I loved them and here they live in harmony.
7.) Coffee table being used as our side table. Free, my Grandpa built it when he was in his shop class, it lived with him, my dad and now rests here. With a lovely coat of chalk board paint (It used to be in the play room) It looks gorg.
8.) Pillows, TJ Maxx and Target. Around 20.00 a pop, don't tell Mr. P I spent that much on Pillows mkay? But, they pulled the room together. Love them.
5x 20.00= 100.00 That sounds bad. Lets not say that out loud.

9.) See my cute toile bench there, yeah it's a table right now too. But, hey it was free. You can read about the metamorphosis it went through here.

10.) Pretty standard small t.v stand. Nothing fancy, a cheap fix when our other cheap t.v stand fell off our moving truck, yeah seriously. 300.00 for the set.

11.) Accessories. Lanterns 10.00 for the small, 15.00 for the big one. Flag- 5.00 HOB LOB clearance from last year. Small lamp 9.00. Lovely little touch of ambiance. Shelf 20ish, candle holders 6.00/together on an endcap at Tar-jay.

So, total that up here.....

1671.00

Totally not bad at all! Lets run down all that entailed

New carpet, couch & chair, curtains/rods, TV stand/tower, lamps, pillows, paint and accessories. Not bad!

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I totally do the sneak stuff into the house thing. ;) I like your color scheme! Visiting from The Nester's party. :)

Unknown said...

What a clean, refreshing look!! Ahhhhh, soothing.

XOXO-

edie said...

Oh now don't go making me question my paint color choice. I'm repainting my LR this week and thought I was 'settled' on the color, but that sounds and looks fabulous. I guess I'll make one more trip to Lowe's.

Love the room!

Chris said...

LOVE this room! I'm with you! That wall color is gorgeous! Thanks for all the detailed listings of everything!

Cheryl @ a pretty cool life. said...

Sadly, I sneak all kinds of stuff in under my husband's nose. I also don't like to think about adding things up-too painful.

Great job!

Gina @ MoneywiseMoms said...

You have a great sense of humor! Thanks for the laugh tonight. I love your paint color too, and I love how creative you were with your window treatments!

Kathy said...

I like it!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love Hobby Lobby? Thanks for sharing!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I would never have thought of that for window treatments! But since I have asthma and so does one of my dogs, we don't have curtains. Or carpet. Oh well... I do the "sneak stuff in undercover" thing too!
Brenda

Abbie said...

Came over from Nester, I really love the lamp you placed near the low bench...that is so something I could see in my home. I have a terrible time picking out lighting I like. You did a great job! Abbie

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin