Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Price My Space 2

I'm joinin' Nester's Price my Space again! This go around though, we're lookin' at my budget kitchen remodel.
Everything in this kitchen is new.
Well, I lied. Our appliances were here and the dishwasher is used but it's new to us. We were being green. :)

1. Cabinets. We bought all unfinished cabinets from Home Depot. Sanded and painted and sanded and painted. This was the biggest chunk of change for us, around 900.00 I think- give or take. But really a STEAL compared to custom cabinets.
2. The counter top. We chose good ol' laminate mainly because it was an affordable option for us. 400.00 installed. Can't go wrong there.


3. Flooring. The floor is just peel & stick tiles. I know, I know. A lot of people hate it, but ya know what? They don't live here! :) We bought the tile for the kitchen when we first moved in thinking that we'd rip it up when we gutted the place but, come to find out I got the tile for the dining room right before it was discontinued for something like .3 cents a tile. 7.00 a box? Thank you, I'll take my peel and stick any day! I bought all the boxes they had left. Ya know just in case I want to run the tile up my walls. Never know.


4. Curtain.. Piece of scrap from my bench project. Because I used the fabric for another project before this, I'm considering it free. I barely had enough, I want to run some ribbon along it but for now it'll do.



5. The stools, oh...lovely Target stools! 19.99 for one, 13.99 for the other. And, say 3.00 for some heirloom white spray paint.

6. Accessories. My lovely flowers (To sit on my dirty table, thank you.) Free. The delivery man uh.. delivered them, this morning for my our Anniversary. Wonder who sent those!?

7. My dining room table. This lil' guy came from Miejer. Ya I know? A grocery store! ha, I actually found one I wanted at a furniture store JUST.LIKE.THISONE for 900.00! But, Mr. P vetoed that and in my fury of not fulfilling my buying need, I found this one at the store and bought it for 200.00 & 10% off (Santa bucks! Yay!) I scored big time. I would love something bigger, and not pub style but at the time it was just what I wanted. So far for 180.00 we've gotten our moneys worth.

Let's run down the whole room start to finish

Cabinets 900.00

Counter top 400.00

New drywall for the dining room 200.00

Flooring & Trim 50.00

Paint 100.00

Lighting 100.00

Sink & faucet 200.00 (Totally scored and bought clearance!)

Table & Bar stools 220.00

Total: 2170.00

Definitely a steal of a kitchen. Considering everything we had to do to get it to look this way, it's well worth it. We had a budget of 1800.00 and really, we stayed very close to that budget. Since we had the table, most of the flooring and accessories before hand.

Go check out the before and during here, here and here!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back soon!

15 comments:

Janell @ House of Fifty said...

Wonderful job, I love the stools with the number detail!! Enjoy the space! Janell

The Starr Family said...

Kudos on your keen eye and budget sense! Love those stools, love em.

Shelley said...

You did such a great job. Nice work on the cabinets, the sand paint x 2 part took some dedication!

Britt said...

What a great job on this kitchen! It looks so pretty, and your budget was great! Way to go!

arkie said...

Great Job for so little!

Pemberley Court said...

Hi Rachelle! I just love your kitchen..great job! I especially love your #1 and #2 bar stools! You were so clever to use a Sharpie!!!

{Lanie}

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Great kitchen!!! It is larger than mine, but the shape is similar. I'm taking notes on your window treatments. ;) I think you are right on about your flooring...what works for YOU and YOUR budget is best. :) It looks fabulous. Visiting from The Nester's party. :)

Carolyn said...

Your stools are adorable!

Tina said...

This looks GREAT!!! I love the numbered stools, those are so cool.

Maggie said...

Great solution for your flooring, we're getting ready to do vinyl tiles in our master bathroom. We did them in our townhouse and they made such a difference.

erin said...

Hey fellow Michigander!

Love your kitchen. Saving that bar stool idea for later!

Great to "meet" you! :)

Vanessa said...

Great job on the kitchen. Your anniversary flowers are beautiful! I love gerber daisies!!

flarffy2000 said...

I love how you opened the space up. I have a question about the flooring. We are thinking about doing this also and I'm wondering how they hold up..... or stick down. :) How long have you had them, how to you clean them, are some higher quality then others? What advise do you have about them? Thanks so much!

Rachelle said...

Flarfy2000, You don't have an email I can get to so I hope you come back to read this! :) The tiles are holding up great, the kitchen has been in for 3 years and the only one that was replaced was under the stove, the heat made it bubble up. But no one would have ever noticed but since we moved our stove to the other side of the room, it was moved also.

We have the same set of tiles in our bathroom and we had some concerns that the tiles next to the tub would get water under them because of two little devils who splash water around every night. But so far so good!

We got a beveled edge tile, which mimics grout I guess. But the guy at homedepot suggested putting grey caulk between the tiles (ONLY ON BEVELED!) to help with dirt from getting under there.

Feel free to email me and I'll give you the brand we used :) Thanks!

Kasey at Thrifty Little Blog said...

I think you got great bang for your buck! Peel and sticks saved me when I had moldy bathroom linoleum and next to nothing to spend to fix it :).

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin